lunes, 12 de enero de 2009

Did it again


Curiously enough, I bought something else, a laptop that costs twice as much as every single thing I've bought so far added together; regret?, none at all; not even a little bit?, nope. It was a great investment, the last one, I promise. It's the best computer I've ever had, and I went through a lot (and not so much at the same time) to buy it. A friend told me about a place where she bought her laptop at a very low and acceptable price, so I decided to do some research about it and made a schedule of today's journey in search of the beautiful computer I'm writing from. I took the bus at eight in the morning a block away from the hotel I'm staying, got at Downtown Pittsburgh at nine thirty, waited half an hour for the next bus and got to Century III Mall at eleven, where I got the laptop. I didn't realize it until I came out of the store with the package on my arms: I had to go back to the hotel carrying a box with a big picture of the laptop and no bag to put in (I asked for one at the store, but they said it was against their policies; absurd!). The trip was awful, my heart pounded through all the layers of clothes I was wearing because of the cold weather, especially when I stood at the bus stop surrounded by people who, I'm sure, where eyeing my belongings. I felt absolutely relieved when I got back unharmed. I don't think I'll do such a stupid thing again, both buy something so expensive and carry it uncovered across town.

No hay comentarios.:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails